Area of Expertise
Lyndon has been involved in a broad range of practice areas, particularly commercial dispute resolution. Prior to joining Providence Law Asia, Lyndon gained exposure to a broad range of practice areas including medical negligence, personal data protection, employment disputes, and disciplinary proceedings for professionals.
Lyndon has assisted on a number of high-value matters including successfully resisting an asset recovery action in the Singapore High Court for a multi-million debt and representing a venture capital fund manager in a dispute connected to the investment in an Indian tech startup.
Currently, Lyndon’s main areas of practice include:
- Commercial & Civil Litigation
- International Arbitration
Representative Case Experience
Commercial & Civil Litigation
- Acted for an Indian venture capital fund manager in resisting a multi-million dollar claim in the Singapore High Court connected to the investment in an Indian tech startup brought by an Indian financial technology company.
- Acting for the directors of a Singapore-based co-working space startup in resisting claims for breaches of directors’ duties brought by the liquidator of the company for claims of over S$16 million in the Singapore High Court.
- Successfully acted for a private trustee of a bankrupt residing in Australia in obtaining a letter of request from the Singapore High Court to seek the Australian Courts’ assistance in the performance of the private trustees’ duties.
- Successfully acted for an individual in setting aside a subpoena issued by the Singapore High Court compelling the individual’s attendance at the hearing of a New-Zealand seated arbitration.
- Successfully acted for a sanctioned Venezuelan state-owned entity in resisting an asset recovery action by a multi-national company for enforcement of an ICSID award of over U$378 million obtained against the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela against the entity’s own assets.
- Assisted in a SIAC arbitration commenced by a global telecommunications company against a Chinese information and communications technology company arising from global licence agreements and alleged violations of FRAND (Fair Reasonable and Non-Discriminatory) requirements.
- Acting for a Bangladeshi commodity trading company in arbitration claims for non-delivery against an Australian company under the GAFTA Rules.
Probate And Family Matters
- Acting for the beneficiaries of a multi-million estate in contentious probate proceedings in resisting claims by the testator’s medically trained biological son.
Professional Negligence & Malpractice
- Acted for the Singapore Medical Council in various successful prosecutions of medical practitioners for professional misconduct, including the first local case of a provisionally registered doctor struck off the register for dishonesty.