Areas of Expertise
Shi Kai has experience in both contentious and non-contentious cross-border restructuring and insolvency matters in Asia, having worked in offshore and local boutique firms with a focus on distressed and special situations.
Shi Kai’s main areas of practice are corporate restructuring and insolvency and commercial dispute resolution.
Representative Case Experience
Prior to joining Providence Law Asia, Shi Kai assisted in the following matters:
- Pacific Andes Group and China Fishery Group in connection with the restructuring of the group’s liabilities amounting to more than US$2 billion in funded debt
- APP Group in connection with the restructuring of notes issued by PT Indah Kiat Pulp & Paper TBK and PT Lontar Papyrus Pulp & Paper Industry
- Berau Group in connection with the restructuring of its US $950 million high yield notes
- An appeal before the Singapore Court of Appeal in respect of a scheme company’s application for leave to convene a scheme meeting, concerning issues relating to disclosure, third party releases and classification of creditors
- An application to the Singapore High Court in connection with a notes trustee’s role when the note issuer becomes insolvent, and the manner in which the notes trustees’ votes should be counted in creditors’ and scheme meetings