KIM SHI YIN
+65 6438 1969
Qualifications & Admissions
LL.B, Singapore Management University.
Advocate and Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore.
Area of Expertise
Kim has been involved in a wide range of matters across multiple industry verticals – from the recovery of over S$35million in judgement debt for breach of director’s duties to arbitration claims for unpaid commission in excess of US$56.08million against an Indian power company.
Prior to joining the firm, Kim was active in moot-court and had represented Singapore Management University in various international moot-court competitions. She was a member of the SMU representative team that came in First Runner-Up in the Willem C. Vis (East) International Commercial Arbitration Moots 2016 in Hong Kong.
At the Vis Moot, her team established a tournament record by picking up 5 awards in total, including Honourable Mentions for Best Claimant and Respondent Memorandums and Best Oralists.
Kim’s main areas of practice include:
- International arbitration
- Corporate & commercial litigation
- Private wealth litigation
REPRESENTATIVE CASE EXPERIENCE
- Representing a business development consultancy firm in its claim against an Indian power company for unpaid commissions. Its claim is estimated to be in excess of US$56.08 million.
Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Representing a Senior Managing Director of Macquarie Bank Limited in a Singapore International Commercial Court suit brought by Macquarie Bank Limited against a Singapore subsidiary of a Chinese state-owned enterprise.
- Representing a manufacturer of industrial-scale machinery in a claim against a rice vermicelli manufacturer for unpaid commissions.
- Representing a company in a trademark infringement matter with a value estimated at $300,000.
Private Wealth Litigation
- Representing a Shanghai-based high net-worth individual and his father in a multi-million dollar High Court conspiracy claim.
- Representing Liquidators from Ernst & Young Solutions LLP in the recovery of around S$35 million in judgment debt owed to it by its former directors for various breaches of director’s duties.
PROVIDENCE LAW ASIA
20 Collyer Quay #21-02 Singapore 049319
P: +65 6438 1969 | E: [email protected]
THE PROVIDENCE EXPERIENCE
Becoming a consummate advocate.
That's the promise of Team Providence.