LL.B (Hons), University of Edinburgh
LL.M, New York University School of Law
Admitted as Attorney-at-Law in the State of New York
Area of Expertise
Since joining Providence Law Asia LLC, Niki has been involved in a wide range of matters, with a particular focus on international commercial arbitration governed by a range of substantive and procedural rules. She is bilingual in English and Mandarin.
Main Areas of Practice:
- International arbitration
- Corporate & commercial litigation
- Private wealth litigation
REPRESENTATIVE CASE EXPERIENCE
- Acting for an Indonesian mining company in a SIAC arbitration against a subsidiary of an international commodities trading company for breach of a deed of indemnity amounting to damages of approximately US$60 million.
- Acting for a Singapore entity against Thai entities arising out of an agreement worth THB180 million.
- Acted for a BVI company (in liquidation) in a multi-party ICC London arbitration over a breach of a private equity investment agreement worth US$17 million.
- Acted for a Cayman Island entity in a SIAC arbitration brought by a Singapore entity alleging that the underlying agreements, worth over US$20 million are, among others, void for economic duress.
- Acted for a high net-worth individual in a SIAC arbitration against the CEO and Chairman of a publicly listed Indonesian mining company for breach of an agreement worth S$8.5 million.
- Assisted the team with representation of a Ukrainian party in an arbitration claim involving a USD150 million to USD300 million claim against a sovereign government for the breach of a joint venture agreement.
- Assisted the team with representation of a Malaysian hotelier group and its subsidiary in its claim in a SIAC arbitration against a Maldivian company for the wrongful termination of an agreement, worth US$4.5 million.
- Assisted the team with defending a Russian party against a RMB3 billion dollars claim brought by a Hong Kong company concerning serious allegations of conspiracy and breaches of fiduciary duties relating to a large-scaled theme park development project in China.