Providence Law Asia is the go-to firm for unique and/or sensitive matters which require an ability to dive deeply and quickly into novel areas of law as well as a sharp awareness of the broader regulatory / political / economic landscape in which the case arises.
We have been instructed to:
- Represent Mr Li Shengwu, the nephew of ex-Singapore Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, in civil contempt of court proceedings brought by the Attorney General’s Chambers
- Represent Mdm Lee Suet Fern, the daughter-in-law of ex-Singapore Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, in disciplinary proceedings brought by the Law Society of Singapore in respect of her alleged professional misconduct over the handling of her father-in-law’s final will.
- Advised an international oil services and production company in relation to potential claims in Singapore against its former employee in relation to stolen company data regarding the 1MDB fund.
- Represent a Malaysian PEP related to ex-Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamed in disciplinary proceedings brought by the SGX in respect of offences relating to the alleged non-disclosure of material transactions and allegedly misleading announcements
- Represent Mr Deepak Sharma, ex-Chairman of Citi Private Bank, in a judicial review application involving a review committee’s decision to dismiss a complaint of gross overcharging against two senior lawyers
- Represent high-roller Dr Wong Yew Choy in successfully striking out A$43.2 million gaming claim brought by an Australian casino in Singapore
- Advise an educational institution in respect of potential judicial review proceedings against a disciplinary committee’s decision to fail a student for academic misconduct
- Representing two local holding companies for a multi-million dollar group of Jordanian companies against a claim for US$2.6 billion brought against them by Motorola Credit Solutions, as part of its worldwide effort to enforce a judgement obtained in USA in 2003 against Turkish political dissident Cem Uzan and family.