Start Ups / Venture Capital
Providence Law Asia has a growing practice handling high-stakes disputes for cutting-edge companies. Our breadth of experience uniquely positions us to handle disputes specific to venture capital, private equity, leveraged buyout, joint ventures and partnerships. Our deep expertise in insolvency, tax and regulatory matters complements our capabilities in the start-up and VC space.
Our representative experience includes:
- Acting for East Ventures, one of the top seed investors in the world and the most active venture capital investors in Southeast Asia, in a dispute relating to document and intellectual property rights.
- Acting for the co-founders of a property technology company in a minority oppression suit commenced against the majority investor, Singapore Press Holdings.
- Defending the directors of a co-working business against allegations of breach of fiduciary duties brought by the liquidator of their companies and advising them on the global restructuring of their business debts.
- Advising a private equity fund manager in a multi-jurisdictional dispute arising from a referral arrangement.
- Advising the minority VC shareholders in a contentious exit from a multi-party joint venture.
- Regularly advising founders, start-ups and venture capital funds on disputes relating to all aspects of operations