Providence Law Asia provides advisory and dispute resolution assistance on all aspects of employment law, including breaches of contract, termination and redundancy issues, enforcement of restrictive covenants and other post-termination obligations, breaches of confidentiality and other data protection issues, and disputes arising out of restructuring, secondment or relocation arrangements. Providence Law Asia also advises employers on internal disciplinary investigations and acts as independent counsel for employees under investigation.
Our representative cases include:
- Advising the ex-Chief Investment Officer of a US$216 billion global asset management firm in a constructive dismissal action which resulted in a favourable multi-million dollar settlement.
- Advising the directors of an SGX mainboard-listed company on their duties and potential liabilities following the installation of judicial managers by the High Court.
- Representing a partner of a professional consultancy firm allegedly involved in a conspiracy to poach over 40 employees from his previous company.
- Representing a broker from one of the largest brokerage companies in the world in Singapore High Court proceedings commenced against him following the termination of his employment. Obtained a successful settlement for the client.
- Advised a global fintech platform company on disciplinary investigations against an employee, and the termination of his employment agreement.
- Advised a global travel technology company in relation to investigations against a director of their Singapore office in relation to the misappropriation of company property, and represented them in proceedings in Singapore against the said director.
- Advised a leading Singapore wealth management company on the termination of one of its employees facing massive public backlash due to his social media posts. Successfully obtained a favourable settlement agreement for the company.