ENTERTAINMENT & HOSPITALITY
Providence Law Asia has a niche practice in advising entertainment and hospitality businesses on various aspects of law that impact these sectors, including commercial leases, vendor contracts, consultancy and management agreements, brand licensing and franchising, shareholders and investment agreements, strategic partnerships and sponsorships, company structures, regulatory matters, corporate sustainability, contractual disputes and other contentious matters. Our expertise in both business law and nightlife / F&B operations places us in the unique position to provide practical legal solutions.
Our representative experience includes:
- Leading negotiations and drafting the franchise agreement for a major nightlife group (as franchisor) in its overseas expansion, and managing the franchise process in its legal aspects as well as business and operational aspects.
- Leading negotiations and drafting the acquisition agreement for an F&B group to acquire worldwide ownership to a heritage recipe.
- Leading negotiations and drafting a series of agreements in the establishment of an artiste-deejay management umbrella under a major nightlife group.
- Leading negotiations and drafting a joint venture agreement between a major nightlife group and a major hospitality group.
- Acting for a significant F&B technology start up in transactional negotiations and drafting of investment agreements and other agreements relating to business operations, funding and company structuring.
- Advising Restaurant Association of Singapore on trade association, restaurant industry and Covid-19 matters.
- Advising a major F&B group on its contract with a telecommunications company for broadcast licensing, impacting multiple outlets under the group.
- Advising on and drafting a sale and purchase of shares agreement for a service provider and its majority shareholders.
- Regularly advising founders, start-ups, and investors on legal issues relating to all aspects of funding, business and operations.