Providence Law Asia is regularly instructed to provide advice and representation in complex, high-value cases that cut across a wide range of industry verticals. We handle every aspect of the arbitral process, from pre-arbitral negotiations and arbitration advocacy to the international enforcement of arbitral awards.
Our Counsel have substantial experience across jurisdictions such as Indonesia, India, Malaysia, Indochina, Hong Kong, China, Japan, and Korea.
We have represented parties in ad hoc arbitrations, as well as arbitrations under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules and the rules of major arbitration institutions such as:
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
- Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Center (HKIAC)
- The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
We also have considerable experience appearing, or instructing foreign counsel to appear, before national courts to enforce or resist enforcement of international arbitration agreements and arbitral awards, as well as to prosecute or defend applications for interim measures in support of arbitration.
Our arbitration experience includes:
- ICC Arbitration, representing the Republic of the Philippines concerning the construction and alleged expropriation of an airport terminal involving claims of over US$1 billion.
- SIAC arbitration in Singapore, representing a South Asian telecommunications company against a prominent Malaysian conglomerate, over an acquisition dispute valued at over US$250 million.
- HKIAC arbitration in Hong Kong, representing a prominent Indonesian billionaire and his group of companies, in a dispute with a Canadian party over a private equity investment venture valued at US$100 million.
- LCIA arbitration in London, representing a German distributor against a Malaysian government-linked company, concerning the termination of a distribution agreement in Europe, involving claims of over US$60 million.
- SIAC arbitration in Singapore, representing American and Japanese vendors against Indian purchasers, concerning the repudiated sale of a group of Japanese companies valued at US$30 million.
- ICC arbitration in Bangkok, representing a Japanese global corporation against its Thai distributor, concerning the termination of a distribution agreement and involving claims of US$14 million.
- ICC Arbitration in Singapore, representing a large Japanese MNC in a contract and intellectual property dispute worth over US$50 million.