Area of Expertise
Since joining Providence Law, Asiyah has been involved in a diverse and comprehensive range of matters – extending from complex construction law adjudications and tenancy disputes to actions for the enforcement of foreign judgments in Singapore.
In general, Asiyah’s main areas of practice are:
- Corporate and commercial litigation
- Criminal Litigation
Prior to joining the firm, Asiyah was a moot-court champion who represented Singapore Management University in numerous international competitions, including the Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, one of the most prestigious moot court competitions in the world. At the Vis Moot, her team was awarded Honourable Mention awards for Best Claimant and Respondent Memorials, and Best Oral Presentation, and she received an Honourable Mention award for Best Individual Oralist.
REPRESENTATIVE CASE EXPERIENCE
- Represented local holding companies for a multi-million dollar group of Jordanian companies against a claim for US$2.6 billion brought against them by Motorola Credit Solutions, as part of its worldwide effort to enforce a judgment obtained in USA in 2003 against Turkish political dissident Cem Uzan and family.
- Assisted in representation of a subsidiary of one of Malaysia’s largest construction conglomerates in obtaining a judgment setting aside an adjudication award granted to a sub-contractor on the basis of procedural irregularities in the adjudication.
- Assisted in the acquisition of a quia timet injunction against an anchor tenant of TripleOne Somerset shopping mall over a lease dispute.
- Represented a subsidiary of one of Malaysia’s largest construction conglomerates in ongoing SIAC arbitration proceedings for delayed and defective construction of three 30,000 tonne cement silos.
- Represented a Thai satellite company in SIAC arbitration proceedings against an Indian television broadcaster for unpaid fees.
- Assisted in advising a leading Singapore wealth management company on the termination of one of its employees facing massive public backlash due to his social media posts. Successfully obtained a favourable settlement agreement for the company, and worked with UK Counsel to have defamatory materials published in the online version of a leading UK publication removed within hours.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Young International Arbitration Group
- Member, Association of Women for Action & Research
- Member, Law Society International Relations Committee 2015
- Member, Law Society CLAS Committee 2015
PROVIDENCE LAW ASIA
20 Collyer Quay #21-02 Singapore 049319
P: +65 6438 1969 | E: [email protected]
THE PROVIDENCE EXPERIENCE
Becoming a consummate advocate.
That's the promise of Team Providence.