Bestlyn Loo 呂颖琳
+65 6438 1969
Qualifications & Admissions Bachelor of Arts (Merit), National University of Singapore Juris Doctor, Australian National University Advocate and Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
Area of Expertise
Bestlyn has been involved in a broad range of practice areas including commercial and civil dispute resolution, private wealth, and white-collar crime. She has assisted on a number of high-value matters including an arbitration matter for a foreign company in its claim against a foreign government for various breaches of a joint venture agreement for losses of profit estimated between US$150 to US$$300 million. Prior to joining Providence Law Asia, Bestlyn gained exposure to a broad range of practice areas including criminal law, family law and conveyancing. Currently, Bestlyn’s main areas of practice include:
- Commercial and civil litigation
- International arbitration
- Private wealth litigation
- Criminal law
REPRESENTATIVE CASE EXPERIENCE
Commercial And Civil Litigation
- Assisting in defending a foreign businessman in proceedings to set aside a Mareva injunction.
- Assisting in the representation of the plaintiff in high-value medical negligence claim.
- • Assisting with a dispute concerning an insurance contract worth S$4 million.
- Assisting the team representing the claimant in an arbitration matter for a foreign company in its claim against a foreign government for various breaches of a joint venture agreement for losses of profit estimated between US$150 to US$$300 million.
- Assisting in the representation of an Indian company in its claims involving issues of misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duties and misappropriation.
Private Wealth Litigation
- Assisting the team representing the defendant in a contentious probate matter at the High Court.
- Assisted the team that successfully represented the co-accused in a capital drug case which resulted in a reduction of his sentence to life imprisonment.
- Assisted in high-profile case involving sleepy driving.
- Advising several individuals facing charges of corruption and/or bribery.