Bachelor of Arts (Merit), National University of Singapore
Juris Doctor, Australian National University
Advocate and Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
Area of Expertise
Currently, Bestlyn’s main areas of practice include:
- Commercial and civil litigation,
- International arbitration,
- Private wealth litigation, and
- Criminal law
REPRESENTATIVE CASE EXPERIENCE
Commercial And Civil Litigation
- Assisting in defending a foreign businessman in proceedings to set aside a Mareva injunction.
- Assisting in the representation of the plaintiff in high-value medical negligence claim.
- • Assisting with a dispute concerning an insurance contract worth S$4 million.
- Assisting the team representing the claimant in an arbitration matter for a foreign company in its claim against a foreign government for various breaches of a joint venture agreement for losses of profit estimated between US$150 to US$$300 million.
- Assisting in the representation of an Indian company in its claims involving issues of misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duties and misappropriation.
Private Wealth Litigation
- Assisting the team representing the defendant in a contentious probate matter at the High Court.
- Assisted the team that successfully represented the co-accused in a capital drug case which resulted in a reduction of his sentence to life imprisonment.
- Assisted in high-profile case involving sleepy driving.
- Advising several individuals facing charges of corruption and/or bribery.
PROVIDENCE LAW ASIA
20 Collyer Quay #21-02 Singapore 049319
P: +65 6438 1969 | E: [email protected]
THE PROVIDENCE EXPERIENCE
Becoming a consummate advocate.
That's the promise of Team Providence.