Professional Negligence & Malpractice
Providence Law Asia has a growing practice in the field of professional negligence disputes and regulatory and/or disciplinary proceedings across legal, medical, financial and other professional services. Our multidisciplinary expertise is a key asset in this unique space, which can overlap with traditional practice areas such as criminal law and commercial litigation.
Our representative cases include:
- Represented the Law Society of Singapore and successfully prosecuted a lawyer for failing to properly advise a vulnerable and disabled client in the sale of his HDB flat.
- Represented the Law Society of Singapore and successfully prosecuted a veteran lawyer for failing to properly supervise his conveyancing clerk before the Court of Three Judges.
- Represented a young lawyer convicted of forgery in disciplinary proceedings before the Court of Three Judges.
- Successfully represented a junior lawyer in his application for reinstatement to the bar 13 years after being struck off the Roll for a criminal conviction.
- Represented a veteran lawyer in his application for reinstatement to the bar after being struck off the Roll for various offences.
- Successfully represented the Law Society of Singapore in its prosecution of a veteran lawyer for grossly overcharging a client before the Disciplinary Tribunal.
- Represented a veteran lawyer convicted of drug consumption before the Disciplinary Tribunal and successfully obtained a finding that no cause of sufficient gravity existed for disciplinary action.
- Representing a veteran lawyer facing charges for acting in conflict of interest in respect of her father-in-law’s will before the Court of Three Judges.
- Acting as instructed counsel for a patient in a persistently vegetative state in a medical negligence suit against a neurosurgeon and a hospital.
- Acting for hemiplegic patient in medical negligence suit against a neurologist and neurosurgeon.
- Successfully negotiated a settlement sum for bereaved family in medical negligence claim against a local hospital.
- Representing a high net worth individual in making regulatory and criminal complaints against a global private banking group.
- Representing an international architecture firm in defending claims of alleged professional negligence made by a high-net worth individual.