+65 6438 1969
Qualifications & Admissions
LL.B (Hons), Singapore Management University
Advocate and Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
Area of Expertise
Alston graduated from Singapore Management University in 2019 and subsequently joined Providence Law Asia LLC in 2020. He has assisted and is now presently involved in a diverse range of matters in the fields of corporate insolvency and restructuring and other complex litigation matters, including an ongoing restructuring of a company with a debt profile of over S$450 million across three jurisdictions and a complex litigation action for the recovery of over S$35 million arising from a breach of a restructuring agreement.
Alston’s main areas of practice are restructuring and insolvency, management of corporate distressed situations and recovery litigation.
REPRESENTATIVE CASE EXPERIENCE
- Acting for various companies in the Agri Asia and Agritrade group and more notably, for Agritrade Resources Limited in various recovery actions as well as in the debt restructuring of over S$450 million across the courts in the Bermuda, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Acting for the liquidators of Six Capital Investments Limited, a BVI company with a debt of over US$143 million in various recovery actions.
- Acting for a Singapore-listed company for a claim over S$35 million arising from a breach and termination of a S$400 million restructuring agreement.
- Assisted the team which acted for an Indian company in a series of three appeals before the Singapore Court of Appeal concerning issues of breaches of a revenue-sharing agreement.
- Assisted and now acting for a Singapore construction company in the successful application of an injunction in restraining the counterparty from commencing winding up proceedings against the company.