Area of Expertise
Since joining Providence Law Asia LLC, Niki has been involved in a wide range of matters. Her practice focuses on international commercial arbitration. She has advised and represented clients in commercial arbitrations governed by various substantive and procedural rules. Niki is also fluent in both Mandarin and English.
Main Areas of Practice:
- International arbitration
- Corporate & commercial litigation
Representative Case Experience
- Representing a Ukrainian party in a SIAC arbitration against a foreign government for various breaches of a joint venture agreement for losses of profit of approximately US$ 120 million.
- Representing a leading Malaysian telecommunication company in a SIAC arbitration involving breaches of agreement amounting to approximately US$ 34 million.
- Representing an Indonesian mining company in a SIAC arbitration against the Singapore arm of a publicly listed international commodities trader for breaches of an indemnity agreement amounting to approximately US$60 million.
- Advising a leading Asian satellite operator in relation to a service agreement entered into with the subsidiary of one of India’s largest integrated media companies.
- Advising a Vietnam-Taiwan joint venture in relation to an exclusive dealership agreement with one of the world’s leading forklift trucks and parts manufacturer.
- Represent an Indian pharmaceutical company in a documents-only ICC arbitration against its Singapore distributor for unpaid invoices.
- Represent a BVI company and a high net worth individual in an ICC arbitration and a SIAC arbitration over a breach of a private equity investment agreement worth approximately US$ 17 million.